1. Create an Inviting Entryway – If your front door opens straight into the room with no designated foyer, you can construct the illusion of one with an area rug. A chevron wool rug is a good example of creating a welcoming entrance and creates a nice contrast to the hardwood.
2. Make Your Living Room a Focal Point – While large rooms and tall spaces will be the inviting aspect of an open-concept residence, they also bring a challenge for organizing a cozy space for hanging out. A beautiful living space can be undefined until you place a patterned rug for an inviting and cozier conversation area. With high ceilings and large windows, the rug provides an anchor into the space and draws the eye down from the big spaces, making the room feel friendly and cozy.
3. Define the Dining Area – Just because your house lacks a traditional dining area, does not mean you can’t have one. In this contemporary living space, a large rug creates a dining area. Without walls to create tangible zones, a rug is needed to organize the space into useful areas.
4. Outline High Traffic Areas – Larger spaces often imply there are multiple exits and entrances to both the outside and other rooms. Dare to place area rugs on top of your already installed rugs for protection. This indoor-outdoor rug not only is visually appealing, but it can handle the traffic from French doors.
5. Outside Area Rugs – Large patios can also be transformed into defined, open-air living spaces. A durable outdoor rug can carve out a great outdoor living room from a space without definite borders. A rug makes any seating area and especially in front of a fireplace an inviting creative and comfy household space for more family sharing.
With walls coming down in remodels and new houses representing open-concept design styles, rugs offer comfort and beauty when organizing and maximizing space. Perk up your decor by adding area rugs. Take a look at online shops which have cheap lovely carpets on sale, check out online decorating ideas and social media, get a feel for what look you want to achieve but at exactly the same time think out of the box and dare to be different. Your family and friends will love for sure what you’ve chosen. Find out how much you need to spend and plan a monthly amount to set aside and a target date. You will have the ability to change your decor by painting an accent wall, add a few decoration vases with colorful fruits or flowers, use vibrant owls as well as the area rugs you have chosen.